Today has been a pretty fun day. I worked at home in the morning on stuff for my class. It is really interesting and I'm having a great time working on it. I will be busy, but that is a good thing.
I also went this morning to our public library to volunteer with the summer reading program. The theme this year is One World, Many Stories. Tuesdays is the program for ages 3-8. There were about 50 kids there which is a great turn-out! The theme/place for this week was Mexico. There were stories, pin the flower on the cactus, nachos, tissue paper flowers to make and a pinata. All in all it was a good time. Thursday is for ages 9-13, so that will be fun too!
This afternoon I took Miss Daisy for a training walk. She had been begging for one, so I took her. I like that she asks to go for walks. She was lagging behind and kept wanting to smell and smell and smell and smell....well, you get the idea. We met a "friend" on the trip - a girl and her mother were also walking in the neighborhood and we stopped and let the girl pet Daisy. I am impressed at how good Daisy is with kids. It is very nice.
Tonight Joshua and I (with Daisy sleeping on the floor) are watching Tin Man. It's a 2007 mini-series from SciFi loosely based on The Wizard of Oz. Dorothy (aka DG) is Zooey Deschanel. I like both her and Emily Deschanel (Bones). It is pretty out there, but I like it. I'm not sure if I need to buy it or not...I keep waffling. We'll see. We are only on part 1 of 3.
Also, as you can see, I decided to change up my blog look. Going with cooler colors. I'll see if I like it long term or not. The old theme had leaves that look like they are falling off of trees and that didn't really go with all the sunshine we are having outside.
