Saturday, June 11, 2011

My List of 101 Things to Do in 1,001 Day

Some time ago I stumbled upon a site called The Day Zero Project.  This is a site a person put together to let others collect a list of things they wish to get done (think Bucket List).  He had 1,001 days until his 30th birthday and created his list.

Well, when I stumbled upon it, I decided to create my own list and see what I could get done in 1,001 days.  I began my list on May 25, 2011 and it is scheduled to be completed by February 19, 2014.  That will be the close of my 30th year.

So, for a sampling of some of the things on my list:
  • Buy and wear a pair of cowboy boots
  • Blog regularly for a year (hello "Our Happy Home")
  • Compete in a 5K
  • Attend my 10 year High School Reunion
  • Finish the bathrooms in the house
  • Return to Disneyland
  • Read The Aeneid in Latin
  • Teach someone Latin
  • Go to 5 different museums in 5 different cities
  • Watch an NFL game live
  • Participate in a fantasy football league (I need Kelly's help on this one)
  • Make a list of 50 places I want to visit in my lifetime
  • Complete a 365 Day Photo Challenge (probably to come on this blog)
  • Stop biting my nails (I'm on day 4 of that one)
  • NOT get sunburned for an entire year
  • Go to a movie by myself
 So anyway, that's just a sampling.  Some things on my list are my private goals I want to accomplish.  Some things are dreams - but I can get them done and that is the point.  So, in the next couple of years, watch for progress updates on my 101 things to do.  

P.S.  Read the first Harry Potter book was one of the things that is now completed from my list!