Today was a good day.
At Sunday service the Praise Band sang in honor of a member's 80th birthday. It was Pentecost, so we all wore red. After cake and fellowship we had youth group. Our discussion and study today was on welcoming newcomers, who is in and who is out and inviting friends to church/youth group/events. After our study we ate bar-b-que hamburgers and hot dogs. We ended with a rousing few rounds of sardines (backwards hide and seek). We had some really engaged youth and a fun time was had by all.
After church I took my first quiz for my course. We had some technical difficulties accessing the quiz, so I hope I got the full quiz. I am hopeful that I did well.
This afternoon Miss Daisy and I went for a L O N G walk. We went about 1 1/4 miles in 30 minutes. She was exhausted, but enjoyed every minute of it. Her heel is doing well, but she only sits when she wants to. She is SO stubborn, I think she's genetically related to me, but alas, she is not. Just her personality is similar to mine.
I relaxed in the yard on a lawn chair with the dog and read my book this evening. The weather was gorgeous: warm breeze, beautiful sunset not glaring sun. It was great. The dog freaked out when some kid started playing with an RC toy (that neither of us could see). Then it was some more reading inside, surfing the internet and relaxing. Off to bed and then tomorrow is another beautiful summer day. We have a forecast of sunshine, some clouds and a high of 82. We'll see where we get.