Yesterday we had quite the weather change! In the morning it was nice, sunny and a little breezy. I worked in the yard mowing, weed-eating, watering and cleaning out the shed. Miss Daisy did well when I mowed, but when I turned on the weed-eater, she went nuts. She was running in circles and barking and barking and barking. So, she went to hang in her kennel while I finished up.
Well, long about 3 or 4, we were playing with Daisy upstairs and a storm started rolling in. It was cloudy and humid and the air was heavy. Daisy was starting to get anxious, as she usually does when it storms. It began to rain in big, fat drops. Fat, quarter sized hail came down and splatted when it hit the ground. Daisy went into full on panic mode! Shaking, shivering, panting like crazy. We wrapped her in a "doggie burrito" (wrapped in a blanket and held tight). It worked for a friend's baby when we was colicky, so we hoped it would help Daisy. We also rubbed her down with a dryer sheet because we had read that doing this helps defuse the static electricity in their fur. She did ok, but not great.
We were supposed to go to obedience class, but with her panic attack and the weather, I decided not to go. We ended up getting a call that class was cancelled anyway which is good, because Daisy wasn't in a place to learn anyway!
It was cloudy this morning and a little chilly, but the sun is coming out and I think we might get back to summer any time now!