I had a great weekend with Miss Kelly, her 3 pups and her family. I flew into Charleston on Friday afternoon. After stopping by the house to clean up and drop stuff off, we went over to see her family. We went to dinner with her parents, her bro and sisters and niece. We went to a restaurant called Sticky Fingers BBQ. It was delicious. Such great food. After dinner, Kelly and I went to Kohl's and did a bit of shopping. It's so fun to try on clothes and hang with another girl.
Saturday was our tourist day. We went downtown and took a carriage ride around the historic district. They do a sort of lottery system for where the carriages go since there are so many of them. Once we took off from the barn of the carriage house, we stopped by a little booth and a lady put in some bingo balls and they automatically popped up to say which area we were to tour. We got to go down to the Battery and near the bay. It was cool to hear some of the history, see lots of the giant colonial houses and get additional info from Kel. After the carriage ride, we did a little tourist shopping in the Market. The Market is an open air market that has all kinds of souvenirs and unique Charleston items. I got a few souvenirs. We had "dinner" at Kickin Chicken where we ate fried pickles. That's right, fried pickles...they were awesome. I am taking that idea back to WY they were that good.
Sunday was the 3rd Annual Tumor Free Anniversary Pool Party. In 2002, Kelly had her tumor removed and she celebrates with a pool party each year. We went and got the food in the morning then got everything set up. We got to spend the day lounging by the pool, listening to country music and hanging out with a bunch of people. Plenty of fun. After cleaning up in the evening, we ordered pizza, watched TV and played card and board games.
Monday has been a relaxed day. We got up, picked up the house, packed me up and then Kel dropped me off to the airport. I'm sitting here in the airport now waiting to head home. I had a great, amazing time and can't wait until I can come back. We picked up like we had seen each other the day before. I guess that is what best friends are for.



