Saturday, July 30, 2011

Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins

Hunger Games, Book 2
Yesterday I finished the second book in the Hunger Games Trilogy - Catching FireIt was another page turner, and a quick read at that too!  The story picks up shortly after where we were left at the end of Book 1.  The author kept things twisting and turning just enough so I couldn't predict what was going to happen, but not so much as to throw me off the trail.  I wasn't expecting the main event, but once I was there, things stayed very interesting.  And the plot turn of all plot turns means I can't wait to read the third book.

I started another book I got from the library.  It's good, but I'll keep it a secret until I finish.
November 1, 2011!!!

Also, in other book news, the final book in The Wicked Years saga, Out of Oz, by Gregory Maguire, will be out on November 1st!  Yippee!  I have already pre-ordered my copy and it will be arriving on my doorstep on November 1st.  I did have to get the hardcover, but I can't wait to read it, so I'll have to buy the paperback whenever it comes out too.  They have released a preview online of the first 5 pages.  I've downloaded it, but I'm not sure if it will make me too nuts to read it and not be able to continue for a couple of months.  We'll see how long I can hold out.