Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

*uses stage voice*  "Welcome to yet another edition of...Books I have just finished reading.  With your host:  me"

Yes, it's true, I have finished yet another book.  This time I read the timeless sci-fi novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.   I wanted something funny, silly and exciting.  This book fits the bill.  I really enjoy the humor and absurdity improbability in it all.  I did notice that the Hitchhiker's Guide described in the book is an ebook that you can call up different chapters/sections in.  It is strangely similar to a Kindle or Nook.  I guess Douglas Adams was ahead of his time!

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is actually a series of five novels, plus various radio plays, TV shows, movies, etc.  I've read all of the books before, but I started the first one again the other day.  The edition we have is a hardcover edition that holds all the books in the series - so I've only really read 143 pages of a 500+ page book, but it counts as one book!  We got this edition at a used bookstore somewhere during our life in California...maybe Monterey.  I love used bookstores...have I mentioned that?  Because I do.


Now I'm off to read something different.  I have 2 books here in front of me...one is educational (aka super nerdy), and the other is a memoir.  We'll see what ends up here next.


*uses stage voice*  "Thanks for reading this edition of Books I have just finished reading.  Tune in next time for....."