Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting all caught up!

The last couple of days have been busy since I got back in from South Carolina!  Here's a brief recap...

We have done lots of housework including laundry, unpacking, dishes, taking out trash, etc.  We are almost caught up, but it will all start over again on Friday.  Ahh, the joys of housework!


There has been VBS this week.  We are doing it jointly with 3 other churches in our town, which is very nice.  Today was our day to host, so I went up to church to help.  I helped with crafts.  We made shell picture frames and soap-dough butterflies and crosses.  I was exhausted when I got home!

Miss Pup also got a bath today.  Her behavior was "super" even though she wasn't thrilled with getting her nails trimmed.  She looks very beautiful right now and has a red bandana/bow in honor of fair week.


I've also finished a couple of books in the last week, so I thought I would update you on those.  First, I read Apollo 13:  In the Shadow of the Moon. This is the biographical tale of the experience of the astronauts on Apollo 13.  It has been interesting, especially since we learned about space and exploration in 6th grade science this summer.

The second book I finished was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I am really enjoying these books.  They are great stories and are very creative.  I know, it's a little cheesy for me to like kids books at this age, but they are quite good.