This past weekend was part 1 of my Summer Vacation in 3 Parts! Here is the quick low-down since I'm so tired right now.
Friday: headed down to CO after the funeral. Decent drive. Pup did pretty well, not too bad weather or traffic. Got in late and went to sleep.
Saturday: walked the pup with my mom, went to a Cousin-in-law's wedding. At the reception, I got to hang out with another cousin-in-law's son. He is almost 2 (Happy B-day on Friday!), and was adorable. We hung out, went and said "Oh, Hi!" to pretty much everyone he knew at the wedding about 3 times, ate some food, played a bit (I got bonked on the nose...still sore, but I promise I'm ok cousin's mom!!!). Then we went down the mountain and had dinner with the in-laws, bro-in-law's fam including niece. She's also 21 months and SO adorable. We watched the birds go "caw, caw", and she watered all of our feet. Quick trip to Target and off to bed. :::whew:::
Sunday: went to the zoo with the in-law family. It was great to get to experience that with such an interested, excited little one. I particularly enjoyed experiencing the hippos with her. She and I have been singing the Hippo Song quite a bit and it was so cool to watch her enthralled with the "big bippa"! ;-) Then off to the "other parents'" house where they met Ms. Pup and spoiled her rotten. She got to meet her "other cousin" pup and run around a GIANT yard. Then back to my parents house for grilling with Mom, Gma, Brother, Girlfriend and her 2 adorable girls. Again, more time with little ones who are too cute! Then, off to bed again...
Monday: shopping, unexpected run-in with bro-in-law's family, more shopping, packing, lunch with Gma at her new place (it is so nice Gma!), and we hit the road. I got a bit car-sick because it was hot and we were in stop and go traffic for the first half of the trip at least. Now we are home, enjoying the AC, getting nice and clean and getting ready for bed.
Still to come: Summer Vacation, Part 2: stay-cation working on the house & Summer Vacation, Part 3: Seeing Kelly!!!!!!