Today, July 29th, is 2011's World Day of Archaeology. In honor of the awesomeness that is archaeology, I'm posting some links to some different Classics/Archaeology posts and articles around the internet. So, here we go!
- Rogue Classicism: blog that focuses on Classics items.
- So you want to be a Roman Bioarchaeologist is on the Day of Archaeology site and is written by one of my favorite bloggers Kristina Killgrove.
- History of Hairstyles is an abstract (link in the article) about using ancient coins to track hairstyles
- Roman Period blog-roll from the Day of Archaeology website. This includes a bunch of posts (I think 24 as of this writing) about Roman period archaeology.
So there you have it - a short list of some of the things I am reading today. Archaeology is so facinating, and if I weren't so bug-phobic, I would probably be out digging today myself. I am thrilled that archeology, Classicism and history have carved out such a place on the web. It is now so easy to connect with other Classicist (Latinists and Hellenists), as well as archeologists, palentologist and anthropologists. I can stay up on different research and techniques as well as live vicariously though the posts by these amazing people.
