Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Completed my class!

Even though the class doesn't end until Friday, I made a big push today and completed everything for the course!  I read the final chapter, took the final quiz and turned in the final paper.  Woohoo!  I learned a lot, but I am glad it is over.  I'm looking forward to working on the house, relaxing and traveling these next few weeks.

Speaking of relaxing, I also finished the last "fun" book I read.  The Fort, by Bernard Cornwell, is the story of a "rebel" attack on a British-held fort in Massachusetts Bay Colony (modern day Maine).  It has interactive content in the form of video interviews with the author, character lists/bios, timelines, etc.  It was pretty detailed.  It is a historical fiction account of this battle.  Most of the characters are real people, it quotes primary sources, but is in essence fiction.  Pretty good, but dense.

  I also read another book that I haven't yet posted about.  Blood Will Tell, by Carlton Smith, is a 48 Hours Mystery-style book that details the crime, investigation and trial of a man accused of murdering his wife and staging it to look like an accident.  It is fairly old and discusses "pioneering" blood spatter evidence.  But it was engrossing.  I finished in just a couple of days because I was so interested.  For all crime buffs, I recommend it.

So for now, I am starting another book (aren't I always?), gearing up for some vacation time and hoping that it doesn't rain/thunder too much tomorrow because we are supposed to have our doggie-class graduation/test.