Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Help for Bloggers from Ancient Rome

Today I have spent LOTS of time surfing the "inter-webs" and have found lots of fun stuff.  I started following lots of archaeology and Classics blogs and doing lots of reading.

Across my surfing, I encountered this...

This totally funny (in a nerdy sort of way) infographic was posted here.  It just made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Some of the other ones I found are:
  • Bad Archaeology a site that debunks much of that outrageous information out there.
  • Girl with Trowel a site by a woman who is doing archaeology in the field...not using a trowel, but it's still cool
  • Powered by Osteons a blog by a bioanthropologist (aka a real life "Bones").  She has some interesting stuff there including reviews of the Bones episodes.
  • Elfshot:: Sticks and Stones is a blog by an experimental archaeologist (someone who actually tries out our theories about other civilizations.
  • Archaeopop has random, cool archaeology stuff....pop culture references
  • The Modern Historian is a cool place that has all kinds of "this day in history" info.  It covers all times in history.
  • A Postcard a Day has one picture a day from different places around the world.  Not exactly history/classics, but travel, pictures and interesting places (and I guess in turn, anthropological).  
Other than that, I am watching a crazy "History Channel" show called Ancient AliensThese crazy people are crazy uh, these historians I mean, experts, think that aliens visited and were an interactive part of the ancient world.  I can't believe this stuff!  And, can someone tell me how the Hitler Channel, uh, the History Channel became so interested in aliens?  Well, it's good for a laugh!