Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wrongful Death

I just finished reading "Wrongful Death:  The AIDS Trial".  This is the fictional story of a class-action lawsuit regarding the cause and wrongful death of 300,000 young Americans between 1987 and 1997 from AIDS.  Specifically those who were given the drug AZT.  

This book was intense, but I couldn't put it down.  I read it in 3 days, despite the end of the school year rush.  The author states in the epilogue that the account of this trial is fictional.  Many of the characters are fictional, except for two of the doctors in the case - Dr. Gallo who stated that HIV is the cause of AIDS and Dr. Duesberg who refuted these claims.  

You can download the Kindle edition free here.  I recommend it if you know someone who is HIV-positive or has AIDS, has died from these diseases, like courtroom thrillers or want to know another side to the HIV-AIDS saga.