I am sitting in our living room tonight, looking out the beautiful windows as gray, cloudy skies and thinking about how good life is. Today has been a long but productive day.
Church this morning was good. We talked about the "holy hangover", which describes the week after Easter pretty well! After a quick pit-stop home to let the pup out, back to church for a youth event. We had a pretty good turn out, played some games, ate some food, had a brainstorming session and ended with Sardines! It was a good time. I'm glad we could offer that to our youth and look forward to more events together.
This afternoon I went for a run (sans pup). I'm doing the Couch-to-5K program and today was definitely more difficult. I have decided to repeat Week 1 since I wasn't very consistent, but I think it will be good. A friend from church/workout buddy has said she's thinking about starting it and I am hoping that we can run next year's 5K in town!
And then of course is the pup! Who could forget her. She's been a little timid today which is a bit discouraging. I wish she could show us her love as immediately as we love her. But she has some good moments of contentment and happiness! We snuggled on the couch (all three of us) for a good long while. We brushed an entire dog of loose hair out of her. (Seriously, buy stock in those sticky rolls. We will make you RICH $$) And I sat outside with her while she patrolled. (video above) I'm still not totally comfortable sending her into the yard alone...too many sounds, smells, and whatnot to explore! But she seemed happy and would have stayed out longer if not for the freezing temps that brought me inside.
So now as I close tonight I am looking at my snoozing pup (who just had a BLAST rubbing herself on everything in the living room and even rolling over), enjoying the wonderful paint colors against the warm hardwood floor and gearing up for the week.