Sunday, May 29, 2011

Daisy - The Spoiled (and also a book I finished)

Look at my Snoopy Ring!

They also got me a bone sqeaker!
My parents came to visit this weekend and they sure do know how to spoil a grand-dog!  They came to our house with a cloth ring that had a sqeaker in it.  The ring has Snoopy on it, which I find a bit disturbing that the dog is chewing on Snoopy.  But, she LOVED the sqeaker!  We had been avoiding buying her one because we think they are annoying, but I think it is not going to be avoided now.  

Well, she killed the Dollar Store Snoopy Sqeaker (the sqeaker broke) in about 30 minutes.  My parents left to go to the hotel and when they returned, what did they have but a BONE with a squeaker in it.  That was a little over 24 hours ago and the squeaker doesn't squeak every time, but when it does, she gets SOOOOO happy!

All the toys are mine!
We have also decided that something about her being homeless before we got her has to do with that she is VERY protective of her toys.  This picture shows her thought process of "all the toys are mine"...including the ones she doesn't play with.  When I was playing with her (in the video above), she decided that she wanted ALL the squeakers...not just the one she had in her mouth.  She's so spoiled that we let her keep them all!


I see the toy...but how to get it.
hahaha...all mine!
Today, while we were gone, we had put the Snoopy squeaker on top of her kennel.  Well, after we came home and let her out, she had figured out where it was.  AND she problem-solved on how to get it for herself... 

But, she does love playing with the toys all by herself.  She won't bring it back if you throw it for her.  She'll go get it, give you a dirty look and then take it to her "safe" place - her pillow or her bed.







In other news, I finished reading a couple of books this weekend (I love being out of school!).  The first, 109 Forgotten American Heroes...and nine or so villains is a book-fair book.  This has bright, colorful pics/chapters/articles (2 pages each) on 109 American heroes, and a few villains.  I liked it because it's bright and colorful (duh) and also because it tells the "other side" of some history stuff (another duh).  


Then I read Muppet Sherlock Holmes.  I bought this for Joshua's 30th birthday and read it.  It's funny because it's a Muppet take on the classic Sherlock Holmes tales.  One of the best lines is "'Wait, aren't you the Phantom from the Twiggy episode (Muppet Show Season 1 Episode...a classic)?'  'Yes.'  'I'm sorry but I liked Twiggy better.  'Well, that's because she's Twiggy!'"  Awesome.