I finished re-reading The Odyssey. This translation of the Homeric epic was created by Robert Fagles. It is a translation in verse that I read in Latin III in high school. I picked it back up again a couple of weeks ago for a couple of reasons. First, I have this as a physical book and I wanted a physical book to read during testing week at the school. The other reason I picked it back up is that the Wyoming Classics Institute that I will attend in June uses The Odyssey as the main thematic focus and text.
I love this translation. It has been quite a long time since I read about The Coming of Age of Telemachus and the journey and hardships of Odysseus as he attempts to return home after battling in Troy. It is one of the best epics I have read.
I have already started another book. This one is also a re-read, but it is a quick read and a great tale. I'll let you know when I am done.
We spent some time today down at our local bookstore. It is going out of business (boo) but there are a lot of really good deals at this point (yeah!). We bought a bunch of new books of course. I am feeling a bit book-crazy. I saw this picture on a cousin's Facebook page and I had to borrow it. I love reading, I love books and I love my Kindle.