Last night I finished reading the 4th book in the Robert Langdon series. Inferno, by Dan Brown, follows our favorite American symbolist through another adventure in Europe.This time Langdon wakes up in a hospital in Italy with no memory of how he got there or why he is there. Langdon must try to reconstruct what has happened to him, stay alive (since people are trying to kill him) and solve a mystery that he doesn't know he was a part of when he woke up!
The mystery is not about a secret society or a famous piece of art or architecture. This time, Langdon has to find something - he's not sure what - that he has or understands before the people chasing him find it. (Spoiler - it is something that could have disastrous consequences for the human race!)
This was a great book and I think Dan Brown outdid himself with this instalment. Inferno is easily my favorite Langdon book. It had many, many twists and turns (similar to Gone Girl another awesome book I read earlier this year). The premise was a bit different/backwards from the first 3 books in the series, but I feel like Dan Brown pulls it together quite nicely and is able to put our favorite professor into a completely new situation!