Dear Weeds,
You and I have been fighting for the last couple of years. I have pulled you up, sprayed you with weed killer, and hated you all summer. Yet, you still come back up - stronger, more spread out and with thicker stalks! I would get done pulling you and your friends up and then see a ton of you and your friends back to taunt me.
Well weeds, I think it is time for me to surrender. We have had a good fight, but you win. You see weeds, I would like to spend my summer doing other things rather than fight you.
So I surrender to you. I am going to stop fighting you and your friends coming up and having a party in my front yard. Come, party, enjoy. But know this: I will be mowing you and your friends down every week. If I can't be rid of you, the least I can do is control your height!
Here is to an uneasy truce.
Me