Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Days

No blog post in over a week?  Seriously?  How could I ever let my readers (hi family) down that much?!?!  

It has been a busy and hot week.  Last week included lots of phone calls to family, living in the basement and the AC, and relaxing.  I am reading a very, very long book.  It is the Kindle edition, so I didn't quite realize that it is SO big.  But I am enjoying it.  You will have to tune in later in the week to see which book it is!  I've seen some movies and watched a bunch of old TV shows including Friends Season 1.  There were chores and grocery trips and errands galore too.

Last weekend I got a new game for my Nintendo DS.  The game is a solitaire game (woohoo) with two parts.  In the first part of the level, you have to beat a card solitaire game.  There are three different games with different rules for each one (Jewel Quest 1 is you take away cards that are the next number/rank, i.e. J-Q-J-10....  Jewel Quest 2 is matches.  Jewel Quest 3 is tradition solitaire.)  After you beat the hand, you then have to clear a jewel board by making three-in-a-row matches (a la Bejeweled).  It is AWESOME and I got it at a great price since our local store is liquidating to change over to another chain!

We had our anniversary last Tuesday and "celebrated" by going to Cheyenne to shop and visit a church member in the hospital, eat Chipotle on the road and then have Arby's fundraiser night for dinner.  We want to go see Brave at our theater, but it hasn't come yet, so the anniversary date will have to wait.

Saturday was another day of note.  We went out to the local charity softball tournament on Saturday morning.  The tourney raises funds for scholarships in the name of a young woman who passed away a few years back in a car accident.  We watched most of the "Cousins Game" where the two sides of the family battle it out on the softball field.  My parents also came into town Saturday on the way through to Yellowstone.  We hung out, played Balderdash and then checked out the county fair - including the PeeWee Showmanship event and some of the dog agility. 

Today has been busy with chores, grocery shopping and more TV.  I watched Ice Age 3 tonight, which is pretty funny.  It is still hot - another triple digit temp today.  School starts in a couple of weeks, so it is time to cram all the summer fun in that is possible!!