I took a break from the Wicked Years so that I will be reading the third installment in October - just before the final book arrives on my doorstep November 1st. In the mean time, I have just picked back up on Harry Potter and just finished the fifth book.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling finds Harry, Ron, Hermione and the gang as they enter their fifth year at Hogwarts. This installment is quite a bit longer than it's predecessors, but kept me turning the pages. There is of course the normal "school drama". Hogwarts gets a new Professor who is a liaison from the wizarding government - and down right mean. The students and professors find they need to navigate this woman.
We also have more wizarding world action as Harry and his classmates and adult friends are fighting off He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (aka the bad guy) as he wants to obtain the weapon. We don't know the details about what this weapon is until the end. There is a great resolution at the end that clears up some details we have been wondering about since book 1.
All in all, an engaging read. Now I see why people got into this series years ago. Hopefully the final two books are just as good. Guess I'll have to wait and see!
