I wanted to read something completely different, so I went to my husband and asked for something funny. What he suggested is what I just finished reading. Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman.
The plot of the book follows an angel and a demon who are on Earth, a hospital "mix-up" that puts them both in a quandary, and the crazy week they all have when the end of the world begins to happen. The 11 year old boy who is "responsible" for much of the action finds himself in the midst of this battle between Heaven and Hell. The novel is funny and has a satisfying ending for sure.
The book was written by two authors that my husband enjoys reading - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. They live on different continents but are friends and wrote this book together. There is an appendix written by each of them that describes the writing process. All I can say is that they had to be very, very good friends indeed.
If you remembers that this is a humors, fictional account then I think you'll like it. It does help to know (or have someone in your house who knows) some British idioms. All and all - a good book!
**P.S. I find it funny that the subtitle of the book is The nice and accurate prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch since I am related to people named Nutter.
