Sunday, July 8, 2012

Break No Bones, by Kathy Reichs

While I was away last week I finished Break No Bones, by Kathy Reichs.  This is the ninth in the Bones/Temperance Brennan series.  In this installment, Tempe is off to Charleston to conduct a field school.  While she is there, she helps our her friend the coroner on a few cases.  These few cases, in true Bones fashion, turn into one large, entwined plot.  The plot involves a doctor at a free clinic killing poor patients for their organs.  Other people have investigated and come close to the plot in various means.  Many of them have met their untimely ends.

Along the way, Tempe gets into some personal conflicts with her current boyfriend (Andrew Ryan) and her ex-husband (Pete).  Things go as you would expect with the three of them all staying in the same borrowed beach house.

This is another great installment of the series and another book I recommend.