Saturday, April 27, 2013

2 Books - A Catch Up Post

So I finally have time to sit and write reviews of the last two books that I finished, so that's what you get today!

I recently finished reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire.  The Wicked series is one of my favorites and I continually come back to reading them.  This read through was still just as good.  I feel like I know the characters, yet there are different things I notice/learn each time I read it.  One of my faves!

I also finished reading Flash and Bones, by Kathy Reichs.  This is another in the Temperance Brennen series and a really good read. Tempe is faced with an interesting case of a body found in a dump (not unusual) next to a raceway where NASCAR races are held (unusual).  The investigation brings Tempe, the ME and the local authorities in conflict with the CDC and the FBI.  There are deaths by poisoning, decades old remains to be identified and a case of a missing girl who has never been found.  All of this takes place during a major racing weekend...complicating the investigation further.  
I love the pace of these books and the mixture of technical language and common/easier language. This installment focused a lot on the investigation, the forensics and the police work.  I like that!  There was less focus on the interpersonal boyfriend "stuff" of the last few books.  I would definitely recommend reading Flash and Bones!