Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trying to return to normalcy...

It has been a very rough week or so.  My grandmother passed away early Friday morning.  My husband and I took our pup to the boarder and drove 10 hours to be with family.  After many tears, visits, meals and family, we drove home another 10 hours.


While we were away, our poor pup developed "puppy pink eye".  She'll be getting eye drops 2x a day for the next little bit.


Today was a day of trying to return to a normal routine.  I returned to work (I was off two days) and enjoyed the smiles, laughter and jokes of 7th graders.  I cleaned around the house and worked on laundry tonight.  We do not have much for making dinner - off to the store tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be another busy Spring day.  Between work, staff meeting, grocery shopping and chores, I am sure I will sleep hard yet again.  

My husband leaves again Thursday morning for another conference and I'm going to get some quiet time at home with my pup.  I am hoping that at least my routine will begin to settle in again...although I am not sure that it will until fall!