This weekend the weather has certainly changed to fall weather. We woke up Saturday to light rain. When I went to put Daisy out in the morning, she looked outside then looked up at me as if to say "umm...change this weather and then I'll go outside!". We tried and tried all morning to get her to go out, but she was having none of it.
After errands and chores, we decided that the only way to get Daisy outside was to take her for a walk. So we walked. 6 blocks. In the rain. She was happy as a clam to tromp through puddles, sniff all the things and then come home smelling like a stinky pup. But, she got her business done and that is good.
This morning we woke up to less rain, but still some sprinkles and colder temps again. I decided this weekend that it is time to write an ode to fall sweaters because we've finally reached the temps and weather patterns that allow for sweaters, boots and jeans. I'll let you know once I get inspired.
Daisy has done better at going out today. I keep telling her that if she waits until it's sunny and nice she'll be waiting for 6 months or more! I know I can't hold it for 6 months, so I'm pretty sure she'll get used to the weather. We had a nice long walk this afternoon with the sun out and the breeze blowing. It was good fall weather.
Tomorrow is forcasted to be in the upper 60s with partly cloudy skies. I know that our family in Colorado welcomed Saturday with snow and I heard Cheyenne had 7 inches yesterday. But for us, it was a gentle step into fall.