Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baking and Cleaning

Today has been a good day so far.  I got to sleep in which was awesome!  I've spent the day reading, watching Harry Potter movies, cleaning and baking.  

I have worked today cleaning the kitchen and bathroom and working on laundry.  We will probably have another load ready to go tomorrow...but we are 3 down and one on the way.

Little Smokies - the best!
I decided that today I was going to make some of my favorite snacking food today:  Little Smokies!  I had them at my bridal shower...that's how much I like them.  They are good and I didn't have to share.



Ready to go in the oven...
cooling....
I also did a little baking today.  I made pumpkin muffins.  I decided that this year I wasn't going to bake a pumpkin, so I used canned pumpkin instead.  As I was gathering my ingredients, I realized we didn't have any shortening.  I was debating between substituting margarine and then coming out bad or going to the store and getting shortening.  I was nervous that my substitution would make them turn out bad, and since I bought the last can of pumpkin yesterday, so I gave in and went to the store.  They have turned out pretty well.  Need to add a few more raisins next time, but I am proud of how they turned out...and how they taste! 
yum!