I have been inspired by some of our friends and family from around the country to start blogging again. So, thanks to those whom I follow (you know who you are) for the inspiration!
Welcome to Our Happy Home. This is a new place for me to share musings from our small town in Wyoming. I hope to be writing about the improvements we make to our first home, things we do about town, books I am reading (or want to read) and general thoughts I have about life.
Today I am sitting in our living room, enjoying the sunshine after a rainstorm. It is a big deal to be sitting in the living room! Thanks to family coming to visit tonight and next weekend, everything is FINALLY away and stored where it needs to go. It only took 6 months...but who's counting!
We have been working hard on the yard this weekend too. My brown thumb has noticed some tulips and daffodils growing in the side of the house. I didn't know I could garden! We also planted grass seed on the side of the house. I'm hoping it will grow, but I am not confident yet in my skills working in the yard. Having a yard is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be....and we even have about half of it xeriscaped!
On the spring/summer home improvement to-do list are: finally getting the water softener installed (hard water is KILLER on my skin), grow grass on the side yard, paint the upstairs bathroom and install a pocket/sliding door, paint the downstairs bathroom. Of course, I can't wait to get a dog. Every thing we get done is one step closer!
Other things that will be happening in the next few months are field trips with school, travel and planning and attending my 10 year high school reunion.
So here is to new beginnings. To spring and to sunshine. To happiness.
"May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord's face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord look upon you with favor, and give you peace." Amen.