Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Busy 4-day weekend

I am very grateful that we were given a 4-day weekend at the school.  It gave me time to myself, time to visit via phone and in person with family, time to clean and do chores, time to exercise and time to worship.  So here is a run-down on what I want to remember from this weekend.

Worship:  We had some amazing services at church this weekend.  Sermon on Saturday (Easter Vigil) was exactly what I needed to hear:  death is conquered and we do not need to be afraid.  At all.  Ever.  Rejoiced in the Sunrise Service on Sunday and had great fellowship with the other folks at our congregation.

Exercise:  Started Couch-to-5K this weekend.  This is a running program that gets you moving from doing no running to the ability to run a 5K in just 9 weeks.  SO glad to get back into running.  Also did Zumba last night...we had a great workout.

Visiting with Family:  Had great conversations with the family.  Miss them tons and can't wait to see the folks again soon.  Visited with the in-laws this weekend and enjoyed my niece's GLEE at EVERY Easter Egg she found.  

Time to myself:  Enjoyed a nap on Monday, read 2 books, and had some quiet down time.  The first book I finished on Friday is Chasing Lincoln's Killer.  I got it at the book fair at school and it chronicles the assassination of Lincoln and the manhunt for John Wilkes Booth.  VERY good.

I also read Troy High.  It is a modern re-telling of The Illiad using the storylines of high school football rivalries.  Pretty cute.  Again a book fair choice.

The sun is shining and I ought to be off to school!