Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bones are Forever, by Kathy Reichs

In the midst of all my reading for the Summer Classics Institute I read another Bones book this week.  I am surprised at how quickly I read it, but it was too hard to put down.

Bones are Forever, by Kathy Reichs is the 15th book in the Temperance Brennan series of books.  In this novel, Tempe is called to a crime scene in Quebec and discovers four bodies of infants.  She teams up with her on/off-boyfriend Andy Ryan (with the provincial police) and the trail leads them to look for the infants' mother in Yellowknife - a tiny town in the Northwest Territory. 

While in the NWT, the crime-fighting duo become involved in a case involving diamond mine/mineral rights and murder.  While investigating the case, they learn about a family of brothers and sisters who are the victims of a conspiracy to swindle them out of their mineral rights.  Brennan becomes personally invested in finding out what happened to the infants' mother, and her brothers and sisters.

This is a great and action-packed instalment of the Temperance Brennan series.  The page turner was so good I was able to read it in a couple of days - even though I'm reading like crazy for the Institute!  This is a definite recommendation!!!